Mason based manufacturer is searching for a Material Handler.
This position would be trained on days (7:30am- 4:00pm) and then likely go to the afternoon shift which is 3:50pm – 11:50pm.
- Inventory control experience is a plus, as is cycle counting - experience in a manufacturing environment is totally desirable
- Safely and accurately process, stock, and retrieve components
- Safely operate fork trucks, stock pickers, and pallet jacks
- Utilize computer to perform shipping and receiving functions
- Occasionally perform inventory audits
- Promote good employee relations and high morale
- Demonstrate teamwork and respect by working constructively with co-workers to achieve the best results possible
- Follow all safety rules and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- All other duties assigned by the supervisor or department manager
Material Handler Qualifications:
- Math skills to include simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to safely operate powered industrial equipment
- Ability to utilize computer programs provided in support of essential duties
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Work in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to heat, loud noise, dust, odors, dirt/dust and fumes
- Frequently stand, walk, push, pull, reach, and grasp
- Frequently lift and lower up to 50 pounds. Assistance is required when lifting over 50 pounds
- Frequently carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance is required when lifting over 50 pounds
Prefer experience in a manufacturing setting with the following skill sets:
- Inventory experience/cycle counting.
- Picking of orders (working from a list and picking parts from the stock to either distribute internally or ship.
- Experience handling stock• Ability to operate a fork truck – experience is definitely helpful; however, they will have to be licensed at Dart anyway.
- Computer experience is helpful – we currently use SAP. Excel.
- Good with numbers – we give them a basic math test at the interview.
To Apply please email: Info@personnelworld.com